Ten Pin Bowling Lamp
- A very unusual floor lamp that consists of a re purposed ten pin bowling ball, an antique brass inkwell, turned wood, a silver chrome pole and a glass sphere.
- The combination of styles produces an item that has much character as well as elegance.
- The weight of the bowling ball acts as a good base for the lamp. It has been sanded flat at the bottom to create stability.
- The chrome silver pole connects the ball to the upper section that consists of a beautifully shaped piece of antique mahogany, that is painted green to complement the ball.
- The solid brass inkwell sits on the top, which houses the brass lamp holder, and the lovely glass sphere sits neatly into the shape of the inkwell.
- The lamp needs a safe place to stand, as the glass sphere is not fixed, it just rests on the inkwell. It is structurally sound, it just needs a quiet corner!
- Please note there is slight damage to the brass inkwell but it is not really noticeable under the glass sphere, and a few scratches on the bowling ball, indicating its former use. Neither of these detract from the overall quality of the item.
- A highly original piece that would suit a bowling fan, or just easily a lover of vintage items, or both.
- The flex is antique style gold with an inline switch halfway along.
- Dimensions: 165 x 21 x 21 cms
- The lamp is PAT tested and approved.
“Beautifully made, with real care and thought… The definition of an ‘upcycled original’… I love it… Fiona also took the trouble to deliver the piece to my house herself, ensuring it arrived safely…” Ms Mamujee, London