- I rescued these lovely old antique drawers from a skip. They are beautifully made with gorgeous brass handles and each one is numbered with an ivory disc
- I wanted to rehouse them in a way that would do justice to their character and history. To build a home for them that shows off their existing qualities.
- The sides of the cabinet are made from two reclaimed wooden panels that I think used to be racks for plates in a bespoke kitchen.
- The base, back and top are made from solid wood, with beautifully shaped mouldings I bought from a boot fair. Painted with a granite colour chalk paint and finished with wax.
- The inside of the drawers are painted a rich blue and have a satin varnish finish.
- Please note the drawers are not in sequence, they go from 17, 37, 38, 39, 40 and 47. They also reveal a certain amount of wear and tear, which I think just enhances their character.
- The design is a meeting of two different styles and genres, that I hope combine well together to produce a one off piece that has its own identity and character.
- A lovely, practical piece of furniture for a home or office.
- Dimensions: 82 x 47 x 37cms