Mechanical hoover lamp
- An antique, vintage Ewbank mechanical carpet sweeper repurposed into a quirky floorlamp.
- If you’re looking for a lamp with oodles of vintage charm, as well as being functional, this might be the one?
- It’s a beautiful Victorian sweeper from the 1920’s that I rescued and restored and repurposed.
- I love all the mechanical wheels and the lovely old oak body. It’s such a great object.
- I particularly like the way the handle has curved with age, this has provided a lovely arched stance for the lamp.
- The top of the handle has been adapted to add on a brass gooseneck stem, that allows the spot lamp to be adjustable and versatile.
- The shade is a lovely old vintage metal brass cone, with a shiny black shaped section.
- The brass lamp holder takes a B22 bayonet cap bulb, that is included in the price.
- There is a lovely brown braided flex which runs down the back of the handle and into the base, which is very much in keeping with the vintage character.
- A black foot switch runs along the flex to turn the lamp on and off.
- All electrical items used are new and approved by CE safety standards.
- The lamp has been PAT tested and approved.
- As the photos show, there is a certain amount of wear and tear, and the Ewbank stencils have worn off a bit. But it really doesn’t detract from the overall appearance, if anything it enhances it.
- A historical item that has been sympathetically adapted, to become functional again for the modern age.
- Full of character and nostalgia.
- Dimensions: 155 x 31 x 23 cms