Holophane floor lamp
- A vintage industrial holophane light shade made by Cloughtrie in Glasgow in the 1950’s.
- Originally used as an exterior corner lamp, it emits wonderful refracted light due to the lines on the domed shade.
- I have reinstalled it on a very elegant brass floor lamp stand which has been adapted and added to, to provide a unique, bespoke item.
- The brass has a lovely shiny base, and is very substantial, it has a dual stem, with the lamp shade on one, and a decorative feature on the other.
- I have added a blue snooker ball to the base of the curved shade, and a blue swirl glass marble inset within a brass microscope eye piece on the other stem to add colour, character and form.
- I have also added a stainless steel round table in the mid section of the stem. This has been painted a smooth blue to complement the other touches of blue, with small inset circles painted gold.
- Please note there are a few very small scratches and marks on the lamp due to its vintage status.
- There is an antique style gold flex with a black foot switch to turn the lamp on and off with ease.
- The brass lamp holder takes a B22 bayonet cap bulb (that is included in the price).
- All electrical components are new and approved by CE safety standards.
- The lamp has been PAT tested and approved.
- A unique lamp with heritage, style and character.
- Dimensions: 149 x 38 x 38 cms
Buy my Holophane floor lamp