Comptometer Floor Lamp
- A beautiful vintage industrial Comptometer upcycled into a unique floor lamp.
- The Comptometer 993m was one of the last mechanical calculators ever made. Priced at £160 back in 1963!
- They became obsolete in the 70’s with the invention of computers.
- This particular machine has been rescued and repurposed with a new function.
- The calculator has been sanded down to reveal a striking silver metal body.
- I have attached a long silver chrome stem to complement this, with a gooseneck top section, to enable the spot lamp to be adjusted.
- I can imagine this lamp looking very effective in a warehouse space, or an industrial office setting. It needs space around it, to fully appreciate the uniqueness of the base.
- All the buttons still function, though I have no idea how it can be used as a calculator.
- There are small patches of rust on the surface of the panel, that tell of the objects history, which I don’t think is detrimental to the overall aesthetic.
- The vintage chrome shade houses a small bayonet cap brass lamp holder. The bulb is included in the price.
- Produces a good source of light, as well as being completely unique and quirky.
- The lamp has an antique style gold flex, with a black foot switch to turn the lamp on and off.
- All electrical items used are new and approved by CE safety standards.
- The lamp has been PAT tested.
- Dimensions: 157-172 x 34 x 33 cms