Victorian oil lamp
- A beautiful Victorian brass oil lamp repurposed into an elegant table lamp.
- It is a wonderful antique item made in the 1850’s.
- There are beautiful details like the faceted column, the shiny black porcelain mount and the lovely makers buttons on the adjustable knobs.
- I have restored all the brass and made the item into a table lamp, using a brass lamp holder and a black braided antique style flex.
- There is a lovely white glass domed shade sitting on the top which produces a gorgeous warm glow.
- It is an unusually tall oil lamp, and heavy, with the gorgeous shiny black base. This gives the lamp quite a substantial presence that would grace any setting.
- The glass globe slots onto the ornate top part which makes for a nice tight fit. I would still recommend it should be put in a place where it can’t get knocked off though.
- There are a few small dents (see last photo), but nothing you wouldn’t expect from a lamp of this age, and hardly noticeable.
- A black inline switch is located midway down the flex to turn the lamp on and off with ease.
- The lamp has been PAT tested and approved and all electrical items used conform to CE safety standards.
- A real antique treasure that produces a wonderful light source.
- Dimensions : 53 x 19 x 19cms