Retro style tripod lamp
- A stylish tripod lamp with a striking glass globe shade.
- The wooden tripod provides a good solid base for the striking top piece which consists of a Pyrex Spherical Vessel reclaimed from a Science Laboratory.
- The lamp holder is a copper effect Edison E27 screw. It is fixed to a smooth wooden base, which also houses the mouth of the glass vessel. The filament bulb is included in the price.
- The lamp provides a lovely warm glow, with interesting reflections appearing on the convex curves.
- The vessel has a capacity for 20litres of liquid, so it is quite a heavy and substantial object. It’s diameter is 35cm.
- There are signs of use on the interior of the glass, small scratches and erosion (see photo), but I don’t feel this detracts from the overall aesthetic. It just tells of the objects age and past use.
- The tripod is adjustable and it is quite a striking, commanding size when it is fully extended.
- The lovely billiard balls are not only a design feature, they are also the handles to adjust the height of the tripod.
- There is a gorgeous shiny copper disc in the centre of the tripod that strengthens the structure, and has the cord running through the centre.
- The feet are made from small brass parts, with a marble slotted into each one. This is not only functional but also a quirky feature.
It would really suit quite a large room, perhaps a Warehouse space due to its industrial heritage.
- The antique style brown braided flex is in keeping with the vintage style of the lamp and it has a black foot switch to turn it on and off.
- A unique item with character and versatility.
- The item is PAT tested and approved.
- All electrical items used are new and comply with CE safety standards.
- Dimensions: 170 x 48 x 48 cms when fully extended
112 x 48 x 48 when at lowest point