Train Carriage Lamps
- These lovely old antique oil burners originate from a train carriage from the Victorian era.
- They were in a very sorry state when I rescued them. The glass shades were unfortunately broken. As a result I have restored them and updated them to become a more contemporary design.
- I have added a bit of colour and form to the lamps by adding a purple and a green pool ball to the tops of the lamps.
- These then house brass lamp holders that take a B22 bayonet cap light bulb.
- The filament bulbs in the photos are included in the price. But, alternatively you can use a smaller bulb with a shade if you prefer.
- The antique style gold flex is in keeping with the brass, with a black inline switch along the flex to turn on and off with ease.
- There is slight damage to the base of the purple lamp (see photo) and a slight crack in the ornate top part of the green lamp (see photo)
- However, these lovely objects were too good to not restore, and the blemishes are not particularly noticeable overall. However the imperfections are reflected in the price.
- Overall the lamps provide a warm glow, add elegance to a room, and a bit of unique, quirky style.
- The lamps have been PAT tested and approved.
- Dimensions: 46 x 13 x 13 cms (with bulbs)
36 x 13 x 13 cms (without bulbs)