Vintage Tumble Dryer Lamp
- A highly unusual vintage Tumble dryer from the 1950’s. I haven’t been able to source another one like it online so it must be very rare!
- The item has been taken apart, restored, stripped of all old wiring, and re purposed into a quirky lamp.
- The dryer was originally cream, with many scuff marks, so I decided to sand and repaint in a new set of colours.
- The main body and lid being deep purple and the top a light grey.
- These colours contrast well with the golden light that appears from the drum of the object and through the old ventilation shaft.
- The lid can be closed to provide a ledge for drinks, or open to provide light.
- A round mirror has been fixed to the underside of the lid, to enhance the existing shape of the round drum, and add a function and point of interest.
- I can imagine it working really well in an industrial warehouse home, where there is plenty of space and to provide an interesting context for it.
- It really is a one off item, which is reflected in the price.
- The lamp has a gold antique style flex, with a black foot switch to turn it on and off. Unfortunately the original on/off dial at the front could not be utilised for this project. It does still turn though!
- All the electrical items used are new and approved by CE safety standards.
- The lamp has been PAT tested and approved.
- Please ask for a quote if you would like this item shipped abroad. Alternatively collection by hand is welcome.
Dimensions: 117 x 43 x 43cms (when open) 79 x 43 43cms (when closed)
Buy my Vintage Tumble Dryer Lamp