Endless Column Lamp
- As I was making this piece, I was reminded of Brancusi’s sculpture Endless Column. The way the forms meet and expand and then meet again, and the shiny, iridescent surfaces.
- Not nearly as tall! The stem of the lamp contains six silver chrome pots that I reclaimed from a candle holder.
- The pots are top and tailed together, and house a gorgeous vintage silver lamp shade at the top.
- The base is made from the turning handle of a vintage sewing machine. The wheel sits on six black draught counters to raise it off the surface a bit.
- The wheel does show some signs of use, but doesn’t detract from the overall design.
- The lamp gives off a lovely subtle upward light.
- An antique style gold flex has been used and the lamp has a black inline switch midway down for ease of use
- The silver lamp holder takes a bayonet cap bulb that is included in the sale.
- A shiny, classy looking item, which would look quite dramatic in any setting.
- The lamp has been PAT tested and approved.
- Dimensions: 53 x 15 x 15cms
Buy my Endless Column Lamp